Nonwoven Needle Felt Filter Fabric
Filter Cloth for Dust Collector Filter Bags
For Air Filtration & Environmental Protection
Supply in Rolls and Fabricated Bags
Professional Manufacturer and Supplier
Needle Felt Filter Fabrics for Dust Collector Bags-Bonfilt
Nonwoven Needle Felt Filter Fabric
What is Nonwoven Needle Felt Filter Fabrics?
Needle felt is a kind of non-woven filter fabric specially used for dust collector filter bags. It is a major filter material for industrial air filtration and dust removal. The needle felt is made of randomly arranged fibers needle punched on the scrim fabric, after that the fibers are close-knitted to form a tortuous three-dimensional stereo-structure, which is different from the traditional woven filter cloth composed of warp and weft yarns. It makes dust particles adhere to the surface of the filter material and form an initial layer of dust ( Filter cake), with the remarkable characteristics of small pore size, high filtration efficiency and low air resistance, greater air permeability and excellent dust particle capture.
What is needle felt filter fabrics features and advantages?
- The irregular fibers in the needle felt filter fabrics are arranged in three dimensions, which could give full play to the dust capture capacity
- This structure easy to form the dust filter cake layer in the initial of filtration production, and is no straight pore after dedust. It makes the air filter bags has a high and stable dust collection efficiency.
- The statical dust capture rate of needle felt filter cloth could up to 99.5% ~ 99.99%
- The porosity of needle filter felt is as high as 70% ~ 80%, which is 1.6 ~ 2.0 times of woven filter fabrics, it gets larger air permeability and lower air resistance
Main Characteristics of a Non-woven Needle Filter Felt:
- Physical characteristics
- Weight, the most rudimental and important data of a needle felt,also is an important factor affecting the price of the filter fabrics
- Thickness, too thick will lower the fabric strength and filtration efficiency, meanwhile too thin will lower the wear resistance and increase air resistance
- Air permeability, the crucial parameter of a filter fabric
- Tensile strength, an important parameter to determine the quality of a needle felt filter fabric
- Breaking strength, indicate the robustness of a needle felt filter cloth
- Wear resistance, include planar wear, flexual wear and crease wear, it depends on material property, fiber shape and fabric structure
- Chemical characteristics
- Temperature resistance, include continuous working temperature and surge temperature, one of the most important parameter to choose the suitable needle felt for the dust collector bags
- Abrasion resistance,
- Dust removal characteristics
- Resistance coefficient of clean filter material
- Statical dust removal rate
- Dynamic dust removal rate
- Dynamic air resistance
- Drag coefficient
- Dedusting rate
- Specific characteristics
- Water & Oil resistance
- Heat setting, the heat setting of needle felt is to eliminate the stress in the fabric to obtain a stable dimension and smooth surface, which are important to the reliability and service lifetime of the air filter bags.
- Sing, burn off the floating fibers on the surface of the needle felt filter material to make the surface smoother and easy to dust removal.
- Calendar, hot calendering makes the surface of the needle felt filter cloth smoother, with uniform thickness and air permeability. Although the initial resistance will be slightly bigger, it remains the particles on the surface, the dust does not easily enter the deep layer and is easier to dedust. This helps to reduce the air resistance of the bag housing dust collector, and increase filtration efficiency and service life of the filter bags.
- Coating, including water & oil resistance coating and PTFE coating treatment, It avoids agglomeration on the surface of the filter fabrics when there is condensation in the bag filter housing.
- PTFE treatment, including PTFE dipping and PTFE membrane
- PTFE impregnation(dipping) treatment reduces the fabric pore size, improves the filtration efficiency, moreover, enhance the heat resistance, corrosion resistance, oxidation resistance and abrasion resistance properties of the needle felt filter fabrics.
- PTFE membrane is an ideal solution to control the pollution PM2.5
Bonfilt Needle Felt Filter Fabrics Portfolio
How To Choose The Optimal Needle Felt Filter Fabrics For Your Bag House Dust Collector?
- According to the temperature of the intake dust gas and the continuous working temperature of the nonwoven filter fabrics in the dry state, the needle felt filter fabrics are divided into three categories: for below 130℃ of normal temperature filter fabrics, for above 200℃ of high-temperature filter materials, and filter media for medium temperature between 130 ~ 200℃.
- According to the humidity of dusty gas, when the vapor volume in the dusty gas above 8%, it is wet dusty gas, the following points should be noted:
- The vapor will make the dust wet and sticky, therefore, the filter cloth with a smoother surface and water resistance treatment should be selected.
- High temperatures and high humidity simultaneously will lower the temperature resistance and service life of the filter fabric, especially for materials with poor hydrolytic stability such as Polyester.
- For wet dusty gas, round filter bags should be used instead of flat filter bags and other complex-shaped dust filter bags.
- According to the corrosiveness (pH value) of dusty gas. Different material has different chemical resistance properties, and it is also affected by multiple factors such as temperature and humidity.
- According to the combustibility and explosiveness of dusty gas.
- The shape and particle size distribution of the dust. The nature aerosol particles and high-temperature combustion products are mostly regular-shaped dust, with smoother surfaces and smaller specific surface areas, which are not easily captured when passing through a filter media. Most of the produced dust particles are irregular, typical particles from the crushing and grinding production, they have a rougher surface and larger specific surface area, and they are easily captured and agglomerated when passing through the filter bags.
- Adhesion and cohesion of dust. For dust with strong adhesion, filament woven fabric filter cloth, or needle felt with calendaring, coating, and membrane treatment should be selected. In terms of material.
- Hygroscopicity and deliquescence of dust. Some dust such as CaO, CaCl2, KCl, MgCl2, etc. who are easy to absorb moisture or even deliquesce then stick to the filter bag surface, filter materials with a smooth surface to easy dust removal should be selected also, and the surface of the cloth would be treated with oil and water repellent.
- The abrasiveness of dust. For aluminum powder, silicon powder, carbon powder, sintered ore powder and other abrasive particles, the following points should be noted.
- a. Chemical fiber is better than glass fiber, and texturized glass fiber is better than the general.
- b. Short, thin and frizzy fibers are better than thick, long and smooth fibers.
- c. Non-woven needle felt is better than woven filter cloth.
- d. Surface coating, calendering and other finished could also improve the wear resistance of the filter fabrics. For glass fiber filter cloth, silicone oil, graphite, PTFE treatment enhances its wear resistance and folding resistance.
- Flammability and explosiveness of dust, Flame-retardant and anti-static filter fabrics should be selected for flammable and explosive dust.
Different types of dust collector with different dust removal methods should match different types of filter materials, because of the differences in dust removal energy and filter bag characteristics.
- For the mechanical vibration baghouse dust collector, should choose thin, smooth filter fabrics with a soft texture, which could help to vibration waves transfer and remove dust easily.
- The sub-chamber air reverse bag filter dust collector should use thin, soft easily deformed filter fabrics but stable in dimensions.
- Vibration air reverse dust collector should use a thin needle felt with reinforced scrim in good dimensional stability.
- Rotary air reverse bag filter house should use soft, stable and good abrasion resistance filter cloth, preferably medium thickness needle felt filter fabrics.
- Pulse-jet bag filter dust collector should use thick needle felt filter fabrics with good wear-resistant and strong tensile strength.
Packing & Shipping
Packing: Standard packing in rolls by poly-woven bags, wooden frame, wooden case or pallet packing is all acceptable upon request.
Shipping: Worldwide by Express, by Air, by Sea. Oversea delivery manual